Thursday, January 21, 2010

What if I gave myself two years to explore my interests or to try a particular path?

· I will get questions and worries and tears and lectures from everyone who thinks what I’m doing is dangerous.

· My mother will shed tears and lose sleep.

· My father will wish I was putting more money away towards retirement.

· My doubt voice will wonder if I can hack it, if this following your bliss shit is actually legit.

· But what if I love it?

· What if I love the unpredictability and the apparent instability?

· What if I thrive from the challenge and push towards a more fulfilling, and thus more truly stable, existence?

· What if believing I can actually turns into I CAN and I DID?

· What if the two years becomes the jumping off point for this life of artistic exploration I’ve so been longing for and whining and pining for ever since I walked away from my initial desire…?

· I believe giving myself this two year exploration will be the beginning of the life I will love.

· I believe it will show me I can do what invigorates me AND feel stable.

· I believe I will learn to love myself through the experience.

What would my life look like then?

· I would be living close to the shore, with a fellow dance teacher and my dog. I would have my mornings to work a shift, do some yoga, and exercise with my dog, write/read/create, or just walk along the beach.

· Then, I would go to the studio where I would help with everything from administrative work to class preparation work. I would be learning to teach ballroom dance, while honing my own skills and developing my confidence, trusting that I do have the ability to dance beautifully and expressively.

· I do have the ability to inspire others, to capture their attentions and imaginations for a few moments while I glide with a partner or by myself across the dance floor. I have the ability to choreograph my future. I have the ability to be happier and more invigorated by my life and my job.

· And, as a result, the steps and the years to follow will continue to be fruitful and inspiring. For the rest of my days.

No comments: