Saturday, December 12, 2009

From a poetry/drama workshop, a year ago...

**I am the color---PURPLE---a smattering of passion, curiosity, heart, and mystery. Solid in who I am, in what I am....but....still....with room for growth, for prettypunky magic. A little kid at heart in a young woman's b o d y. The girl next door with a royal air.

**I am the sound of a strong, blustery wind, whistling in and about the world. I am the sound of the sexy, soulful guitar, wailing and singing through the night. I am rock music, jazz music, acoustic, folk, and blues music. I am hip hop. I am classical. I am musical theater. I am music. I am sound.

**Change. Loose change rattles in my pockets, falls in cracks, jingles in various bags or jackets--a currency of overflow, evidence of money unused and forgotten. Possibilities remain dormant until that fateful moment or that last minute, frantic search for the change that will make my day. Change is the ever-possible something that lurks in the wings, the breaking dawn, the calm before the storm. Change is hope.is youth.is constant.is slow.is flexible.is coming.is happening.is hard.is necessary.

**If I could make one change...I would make an arts center--a studio, a performance space, a gathering space, a place where creativity, friendship, and growth happens.




Sigh. I'm nothing if I'm not consistent.

No comments: